in last 100
3 weeks 2 days
3 months 1 week 2 days
11 months 4 days
9 months 1 week
Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and the undisputed leader since its occurrence. This coin started the crypto industry on 03.01.2008. The creator of this coin is Satoshi Nakamoto. About this man (or people?) nothing is known till today. He was able to stay a mystery but gifted the world a new financial tool.
One of the main reasons for BTC occurrence is an imperfection of the financial system. It was impossible to provide the demand in anonymous and, at the same time, absolutely transparent payments. In this sense, bitcoin does the nearly impossible by allowing transaction information to be presented to others while preserving the payer's data.
There are some remarkable dates in BTC chronology:
- 01.10.2008 “white paper” was published
- 2009 – the first block was mined
- January 2009 – test transaction
- October 2009 – BTC occurred on the stock
- 2010 – the first BTC-payment
- 2016 – bitcoin was accepted by Japan as a means of payments
To prevent the priceless, the creator took care about halving every four years or 210 000 blocks. At first, miners' reward reached 50 coins, but then it went down by 6.25 BTC. Halving will be continuing until all 21 million BTC have been mined.
The main characteristics of BTC
- ranking – 1
- the cost as of 28.07.2022: 23 826
- hashrate: 198.5 EH/s
- capitalisation: $455 251 803 627
- reward 6,25 BTC per block
- circulation: 19 104 218 BTC (91%)
- it is impossible to generate other coins on the BTC blockchain
- everything, that happens to BTC, impacts all market
- you can get BTC for cash in a special ATM
Securing and use of BTC
The cost of the first cryptocurrency is not secured by gold or another material asset. Also, it is not attached to fiat money. The limited issue was implemented for the maintenance of stability and struggling against high volatility.
Bitcoin is used in a wide variety of transactions:
- International transactions
- saving assets
- miners’ reward
As mentioned above, you can get the coin for cash. Except for this, purchasing on the stock and mining with the PoW algorithm are available.
TOP-7 pools for BTC mining
Foundry is created to satisfy institutional demand for capital access and for rising mining (and staking) transparency and efficiency to set trust among many users.
– As of 29.07.2022: the hashrate is 44.93 EH/s.
Antpool. One of the largest mining pools owns about 20% of the market, belongs to Bitmain Tech Ltd., and offers its users a wide variety of tools.
– As of 29.07.2022: the hashrate is 33.2 EH/s, 0% PPLNS, and 4% FPPS.
F2pool is one of the oldest pools for BTC mining. The founders of F2pool were the first who based mining platforms in China. In 2015 pool owned ⅓ of the total BTC hashrate. There are more than 20 coins there.
– As of 29.072022: the hashrate is 30,83 EH/s, 2.5% PPS+.
Binance. It is easy to guess that this pool belongs to the famous stock. It was founded in 2020 for BTC mining especially, maintaining today four coins. Possessing spots, deposits, staking, NFT, and adding a pool, Binance became able to meet the demands of the majority of clients.
– As of 29.07.2022: the hashrate is 25.69 EH/s, 2.5% FPPS.
Poolin. High-tech pool, exhausted in 2017 and belongs to Blocking. For the users' comfort, there is a calculator, shop (based on Lightning network), and Poolin Smart Agent for switching on several miners to the pool.
– As of 29.07.2022: the hashrate is 24.63 EH/s, 2.5% FPPS.
ViaBTC is one of the leaders among pools for BTC, LTC, and DOGE mining. Founded in 2016, the team of this pool founders created the most profitable way to pay miners rewards: PPS+.
– As of 29.07.2022: the hashrate is 18.1 EH/s, 4% PPS+, 2% PPLNS, and 1% SOLO.
Slushpool. One of the oldest pools is founded in 2013. 1 292 114 BTC mined by Slushpool.
– As of 29.07.2022: the hashrate is 12.03 EH/s, 2%.
Due to its popularity and leading position, the BTC is mined by many pools. That is why you have many variants and can choose any from the TOP or find anything else.